Chattanooga Adult Degree Completion Program
"It has been my lifelong dream to finish my college degree, but my work hours have been an obstacle. A friend who had graduated from the management program told me about his positive experience, the classes that meet one night a week, and that schedule works for me. Since I’ve been attending Belhaven, my faith has been strengthened by the Christian worldview presented in the courses. Also, I really like the small classes and group projects. I have already applied and will begin classes for my Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation after graduation. My dream is now in sight!"
Adult Degree Programs Overview
for our Bachelor and Master Degree Programs
Belhaven University's adult programs have long recognized the needs of the adult learner. With numerous responsibilities, the adult student is unable, in many cases, to take advantage of higher education. Belhaven's Adult Education programs are dedicated to making the goal of obtaining a college degree a reality to adult students within a Christian framework. Through adult-friendly formats, project teams and convenient scheduling, adults can obtain their college education while still earning a living. Select from the programs listed on the left for detailed program information or see below the benefits of the adult education programs offered at Belhaven University.
|Classes meet once per week for 4 hours, periodic project team meetings.|
|Small classes of 15-25 students with varying backgrounds allow for the kind of interaction that benefits you.
| A variety of methods and tools are utilized in the classroom and/or virtual classroom to blend theory into practice:
|Interact with highly qualified faculty who are specialists in their fields. They will assist you in relating theory to practice.
|Accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate, baccalaureate, and masters degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Belhaven University.|
Adult friendly, Accelerated Degree Format
- Class attendance one night per week, periodic project team meetings.
- Credit can be earned for prior work experience.
- A specified graduation time frame in an accelerated period of time (graduation dates are in January, May and August).
- Classes consist of a small cohort group (15-25) of your peers.
- An applied, practical curriculum with participation in discussions, debates, role play, case studies, and group projects.
- Many faculty have practical experience in the field in which they are teaching.
- An overall recognition of the unique needs and characteristics of the adult learner.
- Availability of financial aid to finance your education.
Belhaven University's Adult Education degree program focuses on two critical learning objectives:
- To share participant responsibility for self-directed learning and small group dynamics.
- To develop the interpersonal skills necessary for effective participation in teams.
Each project team is comprised of three to five students and is required to meet periodically outside of class for four hours (longer, if needed). Project teams function as mutual support mechanisms through which students can learn more efficient problem-solving skills from the professional expertise of peers.
The skills one learns in project teams -- such as how to combine and share talents, experience, and learning resources -- are held in high regard by corporations and organizations. Workers who function successfully in collaborative, team-oriented work environments are often more productive and creative. These are the qualities that employers seek in a highly competitive market. Project teams, combined with the collaborative learning environment of the adult education program, can provide students with the competitive edge needed to achieve their educational goals.