Bachelor of Health Administration
The Bachelor of Health Administration degree at Belhaven University is designed to integrate a foundation of general education with health administration theory, and practice the expertise that prepares graduates for management positions in health administration.
The BHA curriculum addresses the basic body of knowledge, understanding, and skills identified as relevant to health administration:
- Critical thinking from a Biblical worldview perspective, utilized to analyze and solve complex problems.
- Professional communication skills expanded by developing an understanding of the Biblical principles used to provide effective communication strategies within the organization, with staff, patients, and the public.
- Leadership abilities established on biblical principles to lead effective work teams toward a shared organizational mission.
- Foundation of ethical principles, based on the Bible, to guide the decision making process from an application of personal and organizational values.
- Quantitative skills to manage an organization's financial health, provide data to measure, and report an organization's quality outcomes.
- Legal and regulatory knowledge, to reduce an organization's liability and effectively manage risk.
- Broad knowledge of the health administration industry, to include managed care and long term care administration.
- Marketing strategies, taught from a Christian worldview, to reach the appropriate audience in creative, cost effective ways.
- Ability to embrace biblical principles regarding the management of human resources and how to secure, retain, and train the most competent workforce available.
- Use biblical worldview principles to plan, and organize skills to complete business-critical projects.
|Bachelor of Health Administration Curriculum Summary|
|Course #||Course Name||Credits||Weeks|
|BUS301||Advanced Learning Applications||3||5|
|BBA310||Management Information Systems||3||5|
|BHA315||Healthcare Organizations in the US||3||5|
|BSM325||Intro to Management Decision-Making||3||5|
|BSM392||Business Research Methods||3||6|
|BHA402||Ethics in Health Administration||3||5|
|BHA326||Healthcare Quality Mgmt and Outcomes Analysis||3||5|
|BSM370||Accounting for Managers||3||5|
|BHA401||Financial Administration of Healthcare||3||5|
|WVC401||Kingdom Life: Family and Workplace||3||5|